VDO Media Community Guidelines
VDO Media is intended to be a portal to marketing and promotional videos offered in a wrapper for community engagement. Unless the promotional videos are created to entertain, it is most likely that local businesses and service providers will be responsible for the majority of content. Larger businesses may opt for using agencies for more polished promotional materials. It is the intention of VDO Media to maintain a warm and friendly community for consumers and businesses alike.
Please have kindness for one another.
Please assume that the local merchants and professionals who may be offering their services have done the best they can to capture why you should want to patronize them. When making comments, remember we are all doing the best we can and forgive any imperfections you find as you might forgive your own imperfections. We want engagement and conversations to be uplifting and helpful to all. That doesn’t mean to avoid handling sensitive business with each other, just don’t abuse the good nature of the site.
Here are some common-sense rules that’ll help you steer clear of trouble. Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don’t try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
VDO Media and associated communities
VDO Media is for marketing, advertising and promotional videos. It is purposely directed away from entertainment videos so that local businesses have a visual platform to reach their consumers without competing against entertainment. The consumer purpose for searching VDO Media communities is not expected to be entertaining, but rather helpful and informative. As such, we don’t mind if videos are also entertaining enough to be viral.
- Post entertaining, informative and purposeful video content to market your products and services.
- Use VDO Media community to discuss opportunities and interests that are beneficial
- Like, follow, friend, comment, post and share in good humor and harmony
- Handle issues with mutual kindness
- Report offensive behavior, content, comments and copyright issues. Help us keep peace and harmony
- It should be clearly understood that pornography or sexually explicit content, including incidental nudity is not permitted. It should not be necessary in a business promotional. Even if your business is adult oriented and your product images are beyond a PG-13 sympathy, your video content and profile information must be acceptably tame. If this describes your intended video content, even if it’s a video of yourself, don’t post it on VDO Media communities.
- VDO Media is not a forum to post violent or gory content. There is no product, nor consumerism for such a product which requires graphic and disturbing imagery to market successfully.
- VDO Media is not a forum for content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.
- VDO Media will remove videos and users spamming the community. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
- VDO Media welcomes how to instruction and product related information. Use your best discretion and avoid posting anything that requires the development of specialized skills and talents under the guidance of experts. Nobody wants to risk injury to those with young and impressionable minds. Please don’t post videos that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt, especially kids. Videos showing such harmful or dangerous acts may get age-restricted or removed depending on their severity.VDO Media wants to help consumers find local merchants for development of opportunity. Please do no post copyrighted material unless you hold the digital rights. Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you’re authorized to use. This means don’t upload videos you didn’t make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Remember to be kind first, give adequate credit if you use royalty free music. If you expect a benefit for posting, respect the benefit expected of others creative efforts as well. Any copyrighted material will be removed pending authentication of rights.
Our staff reviews all reported issues within the community to determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. When action is deemed necessary, we remove or remedy the offending condition. Sometimes a video doesn’t violate our guidelines, but might not be appropriate for everyone. These videos may get age-restricted. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations, and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If an account is terminated, that person won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
We hope you enjoy your community involvement.