Welcome to VDO Media, a family of video marketing communities. Your privacy is important. This policy seeks to help you understand what information is collected, how it is used, and where possible any options you may have. Because VDO Media provides online or internet communities, some of the concepts may be a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
A. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it .
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, biographical description, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If your intended activity requires posting sales information where special licensing disclosures are required, we will also have this professional information as well. We have no mobile apps at the moment, but should they become available, you can also choose to provide us with location data. Advertisers or people who purchase premium memberships, production service packages, seminars, or other products that become available from time to time, will also provide billing, shipping and credit information.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
B. We also get technical information when you use our products .
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use VDO Media, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages and posts you visited, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used VDO Media, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
C. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us.
Sometimes our partners may let us collect information when you use their services, or may share with us the information they collect. For example, online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
Uppermost in our thinking is to create the most relevant experience for you, each time you visit. Without being invasive or excluding activity from your timeline, we hope to tailor content to have purpose for you, including:
- Related videos and posts to those you may have already liked or commented upon.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you are searching for a house, we may show you moving company, remodeling or interior design ads.
We also use the information we collect to:
- If and when the functionality is available, send you updates (such as when certain activity, like ‘likes’ or comments, happens on VDO Media), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on VDO Media. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on VDO Media when they first sign up. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on VDO Media using your email address.
- Respond to your reports of unwanted behavior in the community, questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a VDO Media account, many of the choices you have on VDO Media are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your VDO Media account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your VDO Media account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), when available, you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on VDO Media to that service.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your activity. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access VDO Media. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
VDO Media is a tool people use to find and compare local businesses for needed goods and services, hopefully with a harmonious benefit to all in the process. When you post videos, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- If and when this functionality is available and when we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your VDO Media account to those services or publish your activity on VDO Media to them.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on VDO Media.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or VDO Media; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on VDO Media how many people responded to something they shared, or the percentage of people who respond after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
VDO Media is not intended for use by people who have not attained an age sufficient to transact business within our communities. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use VDO Media after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
Effective: November 11, 2015